From Bauhuas to Our House
O beautiful, for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain, has there ever been another place on earth where so many people of wealth and power have paid for and put up with so much architecture they detested as within thy blessed borders today?
- Let's look at some of your bouncing ball exercises. I want to go over any questions or issues that arose while working on this exercise.
- For today's exercise, we're going to explore a peculiar effect of vision referred to as [parallax]. The best part: we're going to do so by making the short tribute video, seen above, celebrating the original members of The Bauhaus.
I've also prepared a two-part tutorial of the above exercise:
The homework: Create your own short that exploits the parallax effect. Here is what I want to see from you next week:
- A styleframe or composition that you intend to animate. You can use a composition you have already created that you now like to animate, or you can create an entirely new composition just for this project.
- A rendered piece of video, nothing longer than 10 seconds (5 would be ideal).
- We will conduct a short crit next week to see what yaul have done!