Class 1: Welcome to class. We have a lot to cover, we need to determine who has their own computer, and we probably need to change rooms. But I insist that we enjoy ourselves!
- Who am I? So glad you asked!
- What is this course all about? And why the mysteriously vague name: Internet Programming?
- Download the syllabus: it should answer most of your questions.
- What is the Web, what is the Internet, and what is a URL?
- Open an account on the Schwittek.com
- FTP: Uploading your file to the web and viewing it.
Homework: read http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/12-the-basics-of-html/
Class 2: Continuing on with an exceptional introduction to the spectacularily fabulous world of HTML
- Thumbdrives and software
- Introduction to HTML
- More HTML tags - Links and lists.
- Using your own details, make this basic HTML document happen:
- Your personal account on art.lehman.edu
- Uploading your pages to your site and testing them thru FTP
- Homework: http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/27-css-basics/